What you need to know about Utah’s new ‘Steady State‘ COVID-19 response


This previous week, we introduced that it’s time for Utah’s response to the coronavirus pandemic to shift to higher match the place we’re.

By March 31, our response will transition to what we’re calling a “Regular State.” Some parts of the response will transition to being the accountability of our extremely succesful well being care techniques. It will enable our public well being system to refocus on issues a public well being system would usually take care of, like illness surveillance, information assortment and reporting, vaccinations, and public consciousness. If we see one other surge, we are going to keep groups and contracts that enable for ramping again up shortly if essential.

Right here’s what this implies for you.

COVID-19 testing in Utah

Testing websites throughout the state will shut as we transition away from group websites to well being care settings, personal suppliers — for occasions and journey — and at-home testing.

We nonetheless suggest sure folks search testing, together with older folks with high-risk situations, susceptible populations and those that work with them and those that usually go to susceptible folks. These Utahns ought to search testing by means of their well being care supplier.

Well being care and therapy of COVID-19 in Utah

Much like testing, well being care and coverings will change into extra totally based mostly within the well being care system. Monoclonal antibody remedies can be found in hospitals and pressing cares statewide. Well being care suppliers throughout the state are actually capable of prescribe oral antivirals.

State contracts for COVID optimistic long-term care services are drawing to an in depth and we’re demobilizing UDOH therapy websites. Public well being will, nevertheless, proceed to assist navigating susceptible populations to care.

COVID-19 information reporting in Utah

Utah will proceed to offer public info, however much less usually. We shall be lowering dashboard replace frequency from each day to weekly.

We all know this isn’t over and can proceed watching the info carefully, monitoring wastewater, clinic and ER visits, hospitalizations, and deaths. We’re additionally maintaining a tally of new variants or any improve in circumstances and can ramp again up if wanted.

COVID-19 vaccines in Utah

Vaccines have been and would be the surest approach out of the pandemic. This administration is devoted to getting vaccines to as many individuals as potential. 

That features vaccinations for kids youthful than 5 as quickly as they’re approved. We’ve made nice strides in making ready for this: A minimum of 79% of the state’s well being care suppliers who take part within the Vaccines for Kids program are additionally now enrolled to manage COVID vaccines. We’ll proceed to work with the remaining 21% of suppliers to persuade them to supply COVID vaccines to their sufferers as effectively.

We all know that vaccination stays one of the best ways to guard your self from the coronavirus. Please assist out our group by getting vaccinated at this time!

Transferring ahead

This isn’t the “finish” of the pandemic. We’re nonetheless maintaining a tally of the long run and are able to ramp again up if essential. However we’ve made nice strides in preventing the pandemic:

Prior to now two years, we’ve 

  • introduced a further 917,000+ circumstances.
  • processed greater than 9.1 million assessments.
  • administered greater than 4.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
  • closed faculties, and safely re-opened them.

The entire key metrics are transferring in the precise course. Vaccines are extensively out there and hopefully quickly everybody older than six months shall be eligible to obtain the vaccine. Remedies are extra extensively out there, and provides are enhancing each week. Testing is out there within the consolation of your personal residence! Hospitals and ICUs — and the well being care employees who employees them — are nonetheless at excessive ranges, as they path behind different indicators, however they too are lastly beginning to see some aid.

As all the time, yow will discover coronavirus info at coronavirus.utah.gov and well being.utah.gov.

###

Leave a Reply