U.S. Secretary of Training Miguel Cardona will ship opening remarks Wednesday on the 2022 Advancing Fairness in Profession-Linked Training Summit, a digital convention bringing collectively lots of of officers and exterior stakeholders to share methods to assist youth and adults entry high quality profession pathways.
The digital occasion, hosted from midday to 4 p.m. ET by the Division’s Workplace of Profession, Technical and Grownup Training (OCTAE), shall be a discussion board to trade analysis, evidence-based methods, and revolutionary practices that advance fairness throughout career-connected training. Presenters embody representatives from federal, state, and native companies, and establishments of upper training college students, lecturers, and researchers.
Tomorrow’s Advancing Fairness summit is a vital part of the Training Division’s ongoing efforts to implement Govt Order 13985, Advancing Racial Fairness and Assist for Underserved Communities Via the Federal Authorities. The summit additionally advances the Secretary’s targets for all youth and adults to be prepared for, and have significant entry to, high quality faculty and profession pathways.
In a significant deal with, Secretary Cardona just lately highlighted the significance of creating larger training extra inclusive and inexpensive. He additionally confused that college students ought to have pathways by means of larger training that result in profitable careers. To attain that, he known as for reimagining the connection amongst p-12, larger training and the workforce. Secretary Cardona additionally beneficial prioritizing grant applications that enable college students to return to larger training or pursue profession and technical teaching programs at any level of their lives and careers.
Among the many summit highlights:
- Midday-12:15 p.m. – Secretary Cardona will reinforce his priorities for training, introduced final week, which included making larger training extra inclusive and inexpensive, in addition to guaranteeing pathways by means of larger ed that result in profitable careers.
- 12:15–12:50 p.m. – Opening session, “The Federal Function in Driving Fairness Throughout Profession-Linked Training,” that includes a panel dialogue on how the Training Division and its federal companions can assist the Biden Administration’s dedication to fairness throughout career-connected training.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 8: “Scaling Proof-Primarily based Pupil Assist Providers at Neighborhood Schools,” specializing in evidence-based fashions for offering neighborhood faculty college students with the assist companies they should thrive.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 9: “Advancing Larger Training Entry Via Second Probability Pell,” overlaying modifications in entry to Pell Grants for justice-involved people and promising practices from the Second Probability Pell initiative.
- 3:50 p.m. – Closing remarks by U.S. Beneath Secretary of Training James Kvaal.
To register for the summit, click on right here. Extra particulars will be discovered right here.